Charalampos Z. Patrikakis is an Associate Professor at the Dept. of Electronics Engineering of Piraeus University of Applied Sciences. He has participated in more than 32 National, European and International programs, in 16 of which he has been involved as technical coordinator or principal researcher. He has more than 100 publications in chapters of books, international journals and conferences, and has 2 contributions in national legislation. He is a member of the editorial committee of more than 50 international journals and conferences, and has acted as editor in the publication of special issues of international journals, conference proceedings volumes and coedited three books. He is a senior member of IEEE, Assistant Editor In Chief (Special Issues) of IEEE IT Pro Magazine, member of the Technical Chamber of Greece, the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science, ACM, and counselor of the IEEE student department of Piraeus University of Applied Sciences.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering and Computers, National Technical University of Athens, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 1993.
PhD in Electrical Engineering and Computers, National Technical University of Athens, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, 1998.
Greek (native speaker) English (fluently), French (average), Italian (basic)
- Senior member IEEE
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece
- Member of SCIS
- Registered reviewer for the Greek Secretary of Research and Technology
- Certified trainer by the National Accreditation Center for Continuing Vocational Training
- 2011 – today TEI of Piraeus: Faculty member of the Dept of Electronics Engineering
- 1992 – today NTUA/ICCS: Research/Senior Research Associate
- 2006 – 2007 Ministry of Development: Counselor for Research and Development topics
- 2005 – 2009 Agricultural University of Athens: Adjunct lecturer (no tenure)
- 2005 – 2010 Agricultural University of Athens: Senior Research associate / manager of research projects
- 2004 – 2005 TEI of Piraeus, Dept of Automation: Research associate
- 2003 – 2004 Temagon: Technical support and consulting
- 2001 CMT Prooptiki: Contracts for technical support of electronic equipment and network administration of the company’s network
- 2001 CMT Prooptiki: Research associate for the project «Leonardo da Vinci - Content of Initial and Vocational Training in Public Health in European Member States»
- 2001ΟΤΕ Consulting : Consulting in the context of «EURESCOM P1001 – PKI Implementation and Test Suites for Selected Applications and Services»
- 1999 PANAFON Engineering Dept: Senior Engineer
- 1997 OTE A.E. IT Department : Consulting in the context of “JΟb CONTrol Automation” project for the automatic production of daily schedules of the company’s mainframe.
2015: Distinction for course “Computer Networks” in the context of Open Academic Courses
- 2014: Outstanding Reviewer Status award (Computer communications, Elsevier), March 2014
- 2013: Invited panelist, Second IEEE Workshop on Quality of Experience for Multimedia Communications - QoEMC2013, Globecom 2013, 9-13 Dec 2013, Atlanta Georgia, USA.
- 2013: IEEE Outstanding Branch Counselor and Advisor Award, Region 8, (Counselor of TEI of Piraeus SB)
- 2012: Acknowledgment for contribution in Industry Fora: Saracen Demonstration/Contest, Social Networks & Quality of Life, and Lightning Talk, GLOBECOM 2012, Anaheim, CA
- 2013: Mentor for the TEI of Piraeus student team participating in Microsoft Imaginecup 2013. Second position in Greek finals (category Innovation) and third position in Greek finals (category World Citizenship)
- 2012: Mentor for the TEI of Piraeus student team participating in Microsoft Imaginecup 2012. Third position in Greek finals
- 2011: Keynote speaker, Multimedia Communications Workshop 2011-Enabling Green Wireless Multimedia Communications, IEEE Globecom 2011, 5 – 9 Dec. 2011 Houston, Texas, USA.
- 4/2008: Senior Member IEEE.
- 2004: Charalampos Z. Patrikakis, Pantelis Karamolegos, George Koukouvakis, "The Olympic Games: The Way towards the Internet", Awarded as IEC Featured white paper of month December 2004.